Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Off The Beaten (Cart) Path....

So tonight was going to be Hump Day Happenings from a local eatery.....and while I was fully prepared to remind all of you about the ins and outs of wine corkage etiquette (as I brought my own bottle this evening for just that purpose), I decided instead to concentrate on a new establishment a bit "off the beaten path" of this blog - The Clubhouse - Indoor Golf and Lounge. Located at 18th and 53rd St in Bettendorf, by Seeds, Sensasian and a soon to be beach-themed restaurant in the old Northwoods location, this one-of-a-kind "club" features four PGA-designed golf simulators (rent by the hour) where you can practice your swing but even better, play a full round of golf!  Dozens of actual golf courses are available to play virtually, including Pebble Creek and both the old AND new courses at St Andrews.  You can also consult in-house golf pro Chris Larson for lessons that utilize technology I didn't even know existed; oh wait, I don't golf - I still think ball washers are cool.  But I digress....and by the way, there's even an actual putting green !!

Lounge is not an overstatement, as there are living room-esque sitting areas situated in various areas and a LARGE projector screen TV for watching the sports event du jour (I know, you were waiting for a restaurant-themed reference...well, there you go). The bar area is large, wide open and features several high-end liquors, several unique martinis and local craft beers including those from Bent River and Great River Breweries.  The wine list is TBA - I hope to be involved in its inevitable final design.

The Clubhouse is not "officially" open yet as they are still making finishing touches, but stop by nonetheless - tell my good friend Tami Jo I sent you.  Fore!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment